Anxiety about Vaginismus Aids

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Anxiety about Vaginismus Aids

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Prior to my procedure, I was never able to insert even a q-tip without the excruciating pain/burning feeling. As you can imagine, I never had any sort of vibrator. I had seen plenty of different ones at Bachelorette parties for friends but I did not own one nor did I ever believe I would be able to. Following my procedure and to both my husband and my surprise, the dilating that I had dreaded and was positive I would not be able to do worked fine and I was able to successfully dilate with no pain and no resistance. We were able to transition to intercourse within 7 days. Thank God and thank Dr. P. Thereafter, it took a lot of experimentation until we reached the point that we truly enjoyed our love-making. Throughout this process, I did end up getting a few vibrators, Candy Stick, We-Vibe, and Lelo Liv. I had a bit of anxiety when I first saw the size of the Candy Stick. It is larger than the largest blue pure romance dilator. So, I actually dilated with blue and, only after, we used the Candy Stick. We became comfortable to the point that this wasn’t required but it helped quite a bit in the beginning to alleviate my anxiety. The We-Vibe is very small and we use this for external use while having intercourse and really enjoy this. The Lelo Liv is probably the least intimidating of all of the vibrators and is a perfect first-time vibrator. It is between the size of the purple-pink pure romance dilators and not as intimidating looking as the Candy Stick in the beginning. It has helped us a great deal with intimacy and we just really enjoy it.

Another very helpful blog that has been written on this includes: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/the-vibrator-and-the-vaginismus-patient/

For any of the newbies, do you have any specific questions about vibrators or additional vaginismus aids post-procedure? For any of the veterans, what vaginismus aids would you recommend to newly treated patients? If you experienced any anxiety about vaginismus aids, how did you overcome this?

Heather34
    Participant

In the past, Dr. Pacik has written: “Vibrators are excellent aids in transitioning to intercourse. It is important to remember to have fun with dilating and to include your husband or partner whenever possible. This will diminish the clinical and mechanical aspect of dilating and bring more sexual desire and excitement into foreplay.” Recently a member posted that she was able to move up to the large dilator after achieving orgasm. I always found that through using the vibrators, it helped me to relax so much more which helped in the process of moving up a size in dilators as well as when transitioning to intercourse. For any new members reading this, the Lelo Live (as noted above) is probably the best and least intimidating first vibrator.

Helen Leff, LCSW

To add to Heather’s suggestions there is a Bendies (Silicone) “G” battery operated vibrator that can be useful as well. We at Maze recommend it once dilation has been successful as it is less clinical than a dilator and can be fun to use.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.