After the 4 months?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ESANN
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m still trying to learn a lot about this process before fully committing to having the procedure done.
    For those who have had the procedure, what happens after the (approx) 4 month time frame, after the Botox wears off? Did you notice a difference? Was it more difficult to dilate? I’m not as concerned or nervous about the actual procedure as I am about the post-4 month mark.

Thanks for your help! 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ESANN. This is a very good question and one that is so common. I didn’t experience anything different at all 4 months post-procedure. The big thing for me, personally, was waking up with the dilator already in place. After I knew that this was inside of me pain-free and I could insert and re-insert it, again pain-free, I haven’t experienced any pain since with dilation, intercourse, and GYN exams both with and without Botox.

There is a great thread about this topic – what happens when Botox wears off? The link is below and here are the forum members and Dr. Pacik’s comments:

Heather:
    Hi ladies. I received an e-mail last year from a woman who successfully completed Dr. P’s botox treatment program. In the e-mail, she asks: I have a question for you! Did you notice any difference after the botox wore off (after the 4th month post-procedure)??? I am approaching the exact date in a couple of weeks and feel so nervous about it!! My reply e-mail to her was: As for noticing any difference after the botox wore-off, I am so glad to report that I notice absolutely NO difference at all. I still get a little nervous that V will somehow come back so I dilate regularly. I can do this fine and pain-free with no botox at all in my system.

Silverperl:
    I agree with you Heather. I did not notice when the botox wore off. I am grateful for this. I will say I was worried that it would wear off and the all the positive results I was seeing would go away. Luckily this did not happen!

Dr. Pacik:
    Most of the time women notice very little change. Perhaps some improvement in natural lubrication, and possibly more intense orgasms as a result of being able to feel the vaginal contractions during orgasm.

Amanda-Miller:
    I had worried about this a lot too, but it seems most women do not notice it! I guess if we stick to the plan it will work either way!!!! 🙂

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=30

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.