Advocating to Doctors

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Advocating to Doctors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I recently replied to another post about helpful tips for GYN exams. In thinking further about this, another thing that I did prior to my first exam post-procedure was to provide the doctor with a pamphlet from Dr. Pacik’s office that thoroughly details the condition of vaginismus as well as the procedure. I can’t describe how helpful this was for me as I could simply hand the doctor this detailed pamphlet as opposed to trying to explain in my own words about the condition and treatment program. Not only was this pamphlet helpful for my own exam, but it is a great way to get the word out there to physicians and potentially help more women with vaginismus. Imagine visiting your GYN for the first time and receiving the correct diagnosis of vaginismus and the suggestion for Dr. Pacik’s treatment program. Imagine how much time and frustration could be averted for the future vaginismus patient? I would welcome your ideas, thoughts, comments here ladies.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Heather, how do I go about getting pamphlets to pass out? Even though I just became familiar with this website and look forward to talking to Dr. Pacik about treatmement for myself, I would like to share Dr. Pacik’s work with doctors in my area.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

The best way to get pamphlets to pass out is to call our office at 603-669-0290 to request them. Ask for Jenn. She will be able to mail them out to you. It would be so wonderful if everyone on the forum passed out 3 or 4 pamphlets to their physicians and/or physical therapists. It is a great way to spread the word about the work Dr. Pacik is doing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.