6/27

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Today is a very special day for my husband and I. Last year on this date, I had my Botox procedure for vaginismus with Dr. Pacik. I wish I could express in words how much this has meant to my husband and I but there truly are no words to express the depth of my gratitude for curing me from vaginismus. As I’ve written in the past, for our entire 11 year relationship/5 year marriage, I suffered with this in silence and experienced close to every emotion imaginable. I also tried several different treatments without success. This was the one treatment that worked for us and within 1 week, my husband and I were able to make love for the first time – July 4th! Now, every July 4th, we will celebrate this “new” anniversary! This past year has been filled with so many wonderful “firsts” for the two of us “post-vaginismus” and we both couldn’t be happier. There is also now so much to look forward to in the future and we both, again, are filled with tremendous gratitude to Dr. Pacik and his staff. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

What a wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary. Heather we can’t thank you enough for all that you do for the many women who view this Forum as a lifeline to a normal life and for helping break down the walls of silence that surround this condition. Thank you, thank you!

Today I received an email from Kelsie titled “Surprise”. She attached a picture of her new baby girl. Mother and daughter are doing well in the hospital.
    Many of you know the name. She is the only person in the book, “When Sex Seems Impossible. Stories of Vaginismus & How You can Achieve Intimacy” who is identified by her real name. She is the first patient who woke up with a dilator in place after the Botox treatment (p. 80-83). She recalls how it “flipped a switch”. We have been using this technique ever since. In addition, she also alerted me to the fact that the Lamont classification system to stratify vaginismus did not go far enough and that a more severe form needed to be described. This became level 5 vaginismus and has identified women suffering from severe vaginismus (p.40). She has contributed so much. Only recently did she remove her well done YouTube of her journey to curing her vaginismus. Multitudes of women benefitted from this production.
    She is dedicated to helping girls make the right choices and is the Founder of “Girl Power Studio” http://about.me/kelsiemorales

Heather and Kelsie are to be congratulated. They rank among the premier advocates to help others understand the devastating condition called vaginismus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.