Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus for the Men New here – seeking information and tips. Reply To: New here – seeking information and tips.

recessivegenequeen
Participant

Melissa and Helen have given great advice here – and I want to commend you for your patience and support of your partner during what I know from personal experience can be a long and difficult journey (having dealt with Vaginismus for 9 years before getting treatment). To what the other posters have said, I would add that just being there as a resource while she seeks treatment is a great help. Check in often about how she’s feeling physically and emotionally. Remind her that progress isn’t a straight line and that setbacks are part of making long-term gains. Find things that give you both pleasure that don’t involve penetration and learn more about what each of you like and how you can feel close to each other. This does not have to be something she lives with forever, and having a supportive partner can make a huge difference in long-term success.