Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Cost Reply To: Cost

recessivegenequeen
Participant

Hi Brittney,

Just chiming in here to second what Melissa has said – I got the botox treatment through Maze and it worked wonders for me. I had dealt with vaginismus for nearly 10 years and without any previous efforts doing ANYTHING to help. After I got the botox under anesthesia, I was able to have penetrative intercourse for the first time 20 days later. Like Melissa mentioned, their particular procedure of putting you under anesthesia and waking up with a dilator in has a really remarkable effect on the disconnect between the brain and the body. I highly recommend reading more into it.

That being said, I have heard from plenty of women who also had success with just botox – it just depends person to person and on how severe your vaginismus is and a host of other factors. From what I’ve heard, botox usually isn’t covered by insurance unfortunately (vaginismus is shamefully misunderstood/under-researched in the gynecological community) and you may have to pay out of pocket, but as someone who is now several years past my vaginismus, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever spent money on! Let us know if you have any questions and I’d be happy to help.