Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Sexual Pain That May Not Be Vaginismus Is a chiropractor good for curing pelvic pain? Reply To: Is a chiropractor good for curing pelvic pain?


Hi Theresa 123,

I’m sorry that your sister is having pelvic pain! I would highly recommend that she start by seeing her primary care and/or gynecologist before seeking care from a chiropractor. There are SO many other things that can cause back and/or generalized pelvic pain that need to be evaluated and ruled out (think kidney stones, UTI for example). If it is an “alignment” issue, then possibly a chiropractor or physical therapist could help. However, it’s important to first make sure that a new medical problem is evaluated by a medical professional to start, so that the underlying cause can be properly identified and treated. I hope that helps.