Vaginsimus Aids: Replens Moisturizer

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Vaginsimus Aids: Replens Moisturizer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I tried out an excellent product and would recommend it to you all – Replens Vaginal Moisturizer. Repetitive dilating as well as intercourse can cause irritation and this moisturizer really helps to alleviate any residual soreness. Have you tried any additional vaginal moisturizers or do you have any other recommendations here as well???

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Heather34, Dr. Pacik recommended it to me and I just purchased some today. Should I use as per the directions or do you have a suggestion?

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

For pre-menopausal women it can be used daily or a few times a day. For post-menopausal women use a few times a day or alternate one day Replens, the next day Estrace cream. This added lubrication will add to the comfort.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you, Dr. Pacik!

coffee
    Participant

Thank you i will try some.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

I use this product every other night in combination with the Estrace Cream. I massage about 1/2 gram into my vaginal tissues — I do not use the applicator intravaginally. I can honesty say that since using the Replens and Estrace Cream I am 100% better with the vaginal dryness I was feeling. I just had my yearly GYN exam and my doctor said that my vaginal tissues look so much healthier than a year ago. I have been menopausal for about 2 years now and I can really feel the difference. I highly recommend Replens as a vaginal moisturizer.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hello Janet. I’m a secondary vaginismus patient of Dr. P’s and have been menopausal for about 4 years now. I’m using a product called “Vagifem 10” which is an estradiol tablet that I insert vaginally twice a week. I’ve tried “Replens” before and used to use it almost everyday, but after a few weeks there was quite a build up of the product left in my vagina. I was wondering if this would interfere with the absorption of the estradiol tablet?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Also Janet, do you ever use Replens intravaginally, or just the Estrace Cream?

Janet Pacik
    Participant

I use the Replens as a moisturizer for the tissues — i do not use intravaginally. The Estrace Cream I do use intravaginally and as a moisturizer for the tissues. I am sure a small amount of the Replens ends up intravaginally but it has not been a problem for me. Unfortunately, I have a lot of dryness and this definitely helps the situation.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Thanks Janet! I have a lot of dryness too and sensitivity to certain products so I appreciate the info.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.