Vaginismus or vulvar vestibulitis??

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Vaginismus or vulvar vestibulitis??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

Hello again everyone!
    So Im still planning on getting this procedure done, but Im still just trying to save the money before I make the actual appointment.
    In the meantime though I have a question thats been on my mind. Ive been doing some more research on vulvodynia, and vulvar vestibulitis, and Im getting a little nervous that I might have that instead of vaginismus. Im nervous because if thats the case, is it possible this treatment couldnt help me?
    Ive never been able to have intercourse, Ive never even been able to fully insert a tampon. There is never any pain anywhere else besides my vagina, so I know that I do not have generalized vulvodynia. In the past, my ex boyfriend was able to give me oral sex in and around the whole area, its only when anything slightly goes into my vagina is when I get that all too familiar burning sensation. And in the past when I did try intercourse, it feels as though his penis is hitting that burning “wall” that everyone here talks about. Even if I try putting my own finger inside, it starts to burn/feels too small.
    Does this sound like vaginismus/something that this procedure can treat? Or does this sound like vulvar vestibulitis?
    Thank you for any help you can give me!

(I posted this a couple days ago but for some reason I dont see it anymore. I think I may have accidentally deleted it. But thank you to the woman who responded to me before.)

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

This is an important conversation and a question I am asked frequently. Though sexual pain can be caused by a number of conditions, the one symptom that sets vaginismus apart is “hitting a wall” with attempted penetration. Many of my more severe vaginismus patients are unable to insert a tampon. Finger penetration is often painful because of the wall. It does sound like vaginismus. If you complete the forms I would be happy to review them. You might want to read the following link
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/?s=hitting+a+wall
    My best.

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you for your reply and for the information! I think that it is vaginismus too after researching it a little more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.