Vaginismus Aids: Hydrocortisone Cream

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Vaginismus Aids: Hydrocortisone Cream

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In an excellent post, one of the Forum members wrote:

“Dr. Pacik’s suggestion to use Hydrocortisone Cream has been a HUGE help for me. My lady bits are just so dang sensitive!!! I bought Hydrocortizone10 in the Cooling Gel formula for during the day and I’ve felt SO much better – then I’ve been using the Hydrocoritzone10 in the ointment for adding to my lube mix with dilating at night. I honestly can’t believe how much that’s helped me feel better the last couple days.”

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

It is common for women to have some skin irritation as a result of post procedure dilation. There is suddenly a great deal of penetrative activity that did not exist in previous years.
    1% hydrocortisone is an over the counter topical that is anti-inflammatory and can be purchased either as a cream (faster acting) or as an ointment (longer lasting). It is generally used as a pea sized amount rubbed into the irritated area twice a day and can be used for 1-2 weeks.

Heather34
    Participant

This is an excellent tip for soreness post-procedure. To anyone reading this who has tried Hydrocortisone Cream, did it help you and would you recommend it to others? Are there any other aids that you would also recommend that specifically helped you post-procedure?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.