Update – Two months post procedure!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Update – Two months post procedure!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Firenze13
    Participant

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been so long since I last updated. I honestly still can’t believe how much my life has changed. I’m about two months post-procedure now. My boyfriend and I have had sex a bunch of times now and it’s still hard to wrap my brain around. I really have minimal if any anxiety when we have sex, which is surprising because I always thought it would be my biggest obstacle. One time we were even able to be a bit more spontaneous than we had been since I got the procedure and ended up having sex a couple of hours after dilating. I was nervous he wouldn’t be able to enter, but it wasn’t a problem! Tonight after dilating, we even tried a new position for the first time!! I’m curious about how long it takes the soreness to go away with thrusting? We still only do light thrusting, and the pain is minimal but it’s there.

I also have been nervous to try tampons. I meant to try one during my last period, but it still seems to be a big fear for me. I know it’s not rational since a tampon is smaller than the dilators, but it was really the first penetration “failure” for me when I was a teenager, and I think one of the first things that triggered my extreme anxiety with penetration for all of these years. I hope next time, I get up the nerve to try.

For any newbies on the forum, I just want to say this procedure changed my life and is without a doubt the best decision I ever made!

Heather34
    Participant

HUGE CONGRATS Firenze! You have made such tremendous progress!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :):):)

Allie
    Participant

So so so happy for you!! Each time the thrusting will get better and you won’t be sore. 🙂 Definitely try a tampon next cycle! I remember feeling so proud when I was able to wear one for the first time!! You have come so far! Congrats! 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

So very happy for you Firenze13! It is so neat that you have been able to be spontaneous! I’m looking forward to that day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.