Transvaginal Ultrasound + Pap SUCCESS :)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Transvaginal Ultrasound + Pap SUCCESS :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mmbayles91
    Participant

August 6th, 2013:

I had my first trans-vaginal ultrasound done, I was so nervous… I dilated like normal, but also incorporated the “Candy stick” as to relax that entrance muscle before the ultrasound. When I got into the appt, the tech was very nice. She said she would be doing the abdominal ultrasound, and if she needed to then she would be doing the trans-vaginal. While doing the abdominal she said I had a slightly tipped uterus so she was going to need to use the trans-vaginal ultrasound, which when I seen it, it looked so much better than what I had looked at online!!! Plus wayyyy smaller than my dilators 🙂 So I undressed, she came back in, and I had asked her if I could insert it myself, and she was really nice and said “sure, that is completely fine” which made me feel so much better, I was nervous that she would look at me weirdly… So I inserted it myself, and to my surprise, it slipped right in, and I felt nothing, even when she was moving it around… I could feel movement, but no pain!!! I was so happy, and even happier when I got to see my baby for the very first time 🙂 It was a big day for me, and also 364 days POST operation 🙂

August 12th, 2013:

I had my first ever Pap scheduled 🙁 I cried myself to sleep that night because I was so terrified that I was going to need to have a pelvic where they put their fingers in me and feel around and the pap was going to hurt… I even tried to call the office that night to cancel, but with my luck the office didn’t have a voice mail system… The very next day I dilated all day, until my 2:30 appt. I asked my mom to come with me because I needed help talking to the doctor about it, and to my surprise he had already known what it was. He told me that he was going to do a pap and if it hurt, he would stop… I asked him if I could insert it myself, which he allowed me to do, but next time I will definitely let him try and do it because it kind of hurt at first because I couldn’t see what I was doing… But once it was in the right spot, he opened it up which didn’t hurt at all, just a lot of pressure. then he did two small swabs, which I could barely feel… Then he did the big one, right on my cervix’s which was ALOT of pressure, but no pain! Then…. it was all done, he took the thing out and said I didn’t need that done for another 3 years… I was so relieved and happy that I had finally did it, I got through my first trans-vaginal ultra sound and through my first pap smear with absolutely no pain!!!!

I wouldn’t be able to do any of this, NOR be pregnant today without Dr.Pacik and his amazing staff!!! I thank god everyday that I self diagnosed myself, and took the time to find Dr.Pacik!!! My life is completely changed for the better, and I can not wait for what this year has in store for me, especially February (my due date) 🙂

Tips to all the ladies going for trans-vaginal ultrasound or Pap: Dilate, dilate, dilate… I mean sleep with your dilator the night before, and dilate the longest with the biggest one you have… Also, if you have a vibrator, use that right before your appt to calm the muscles down there, it truly does make a huge difference 🙂

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

This is a wonderful series of posts showing how to overcome the unfounded fear of GYN exams after treatment for vaginismus. The strength of the Botox program and post procedure counseling is the education received about the correct use of dilators and how to use these prior to intercourse and GYN exams.

Though the “Candy Stick” vibrating dilator may seem too large only 24 hours after treatment, it is a useful device to prepare for GYN exams and to increase erotic feelings for intercourse. More information can be read by linking to http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/candy-stick-vibrating-dilator-by-papaya-toys/ The Candy Stick is available through our office or on-line.

Thanks for posting this. We all wish you continued success with your pregnancy!

Heather34
    Participant

This is such a wonderful post mmbayles and I’m so happy that the appointments and tests went so well for you. I also agree with what you wrote about the Candy Stick vibrating dilator. I have the purple (grape) one and before ob/gyn exams, I have used both the largest blue dilator (pure romance) and the Candy Stick which I found helped to relax the entrance muscles that much more. :):):)

mmbayles91
    Participant

Totally agree, I don’t know what I would do without the Candy stick… Looks scary at first, but it seriously has worked wonders for me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.