Thrive programme

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Thrive programme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    endofmytether
    Participant

I have had an interesting conversation via Skype today with a psychotherapist who recommends the Thrive programme, saying it is very effective with all aspects of anxiety including vaginismus. She seemed very nice but I’m not sure whether to go ahead with the programme and it costs £795 (British pounds).

I have put a link to her website below; lots of positive testimonials.

https://caraostryn.co.uk/

Does anyone have any experience of this treatment please?

Hi endofmytether! I’m not familiar with Dr. Ostryn, but we know it’s important to treat anxiety in general if it’s creating dysfunction in your life. And, since anxiety is often a by-product of vaginismus, the emotional experience deserves as much attention as the physical one!

At Maze, patients meet with both a medical provider and behavioral therapist in an effort to offer a comprehensive treatment approach. But if you can’t find a practice near you that offers integrative care, and if you are experiencing vaginismus-related anxiety, I do recommend you seek reputable mental health guidance along with medical care. It might also be a good idea to ensure that the two can connect and collaborate for most effective and efficient treatment.

Best of luck to you!

endofmytether
    Participant

Thank you. I have been told by my GP that vaginismus is now not covered by the NHS so I have to investigate private options at great cost! To be honest I feel really angry at this and have put a complaint in to the NHS because I don’t think the medical profession realises just how cruel this condition is and how it can affect all areas of your life. It feels like a slap in the face when many other (lesser) problems are fully funded. I know that medical insurance covers vaginismus treatment in the US as it’s recognised as a medical condition there, so well done for being ahead of the UK!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.