Success Stories (3)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Congrats to this patient for her progress after botox and on her engagement! I’m sure it must be such a relief to get to enter into a long-term partnership with her fianceé having dealt with an issue that challenges so many relationship. Best of luck to the couple!

Heather34
    Participant

This is such a wonderful success story Melissa and I am so glad it was shared. I am so incredibly happy for this patient and her success. I had my Botox procedure for vaginismus back in 2011 and, even today, I am so glad we decided to do it and were able to overcome. While having vaginismus and until finding a doctor who offered the Botox procedure, I felt very alone with the condition and often went through stages of trying to avoid it all together. One thing that always helped me during these periods was belonging to a yahoo group at the time about vaginismus. While I never posted, I always read the posts and learned a ton from all of the them and it also gave me hope that I would one day be able to overcome as well. If you are reading this today, right now, please know that you have found an awesome group of support surrounding the condition and I am happy that you are a part of the Forum. Even if you never write a single post, you are just as much a part of the group and can learn so much from reading them. Please know that you have my support.

Sofia101
    Participant

Hey recessivegenequeen! Thank you for reaching out to me on my previous posts. I cannot stress enough how happy I was the rest of the day. It’s so humbling thinking about how you took the time to make me feel better about my situation. I thank you for the support! Also, just read your success story and I definitely relate. After reading your response, I have become more comfortable with the idea of seeking treatment and any discomfort I may feel along the way because as you said, treating your vaginismus is the thing that finally ENDS your pain.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Sofia101, your words mean a lot to me to hear! I try to be encouraging because I know firsthand how difficult and isolating the experience of vaginismus can be. If there’s one thing I want you to keep in mind, it’s that you are NOT ALONE in any part of your experience. Scores of women have seen the other side of this miserable condition and are here to tell you that you have the strength to get through it. It’s not something I would ever wish on anyone, but in the end it made me a stronger person and showed me the ability I have to overcome obstacles. I am rooting for you every step of the way!!!

Marrywill
    Participant

Thanks for sharing yours stories and experience with us it is very informative.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.