Spontaneous Vaginismus after rough intercourse

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Spontaneous Vaginismus after rough intercourse

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

So, I’ve been having very successful penetrative sex for over 3 years. I was asked by someone I knew to take his virginity. He had a very long and thick um… Member. He also have lots of stamina and managed to go at full pelt for about thirty minutes. After, I was very sore. It was very pleasurable and I orgasmed many times. About three hours later, we were starting to have sex again but it was way too painful for me and I said we should just go to sleep. It was about 10pm at that time. We woke up in the night at about 5am and managed successful penetration again with little to no pain. However, after a while, I started to become sore very far up my vagina where his member hit the end… I said we should stop. We then went back to sleep and woke up at 10. We attempted to have penetrating sex again but it was agonising and was like hitting a brick wall. I was in too much pain to try for long.

It’s currently three days later and I can put a vibrator approximately three inches up without pain and then I hit a wall. Like agony. I can put my fingers in about three inches too

This is definitely Vaginismus yeah? And it was caused by the sex I had? Please help!

lulu
    Participant

It very well could be vaginismus. You can certainly get secondary vaginismus after having been fine previously. However, I also wonder if it could be that you are just still very sore and your cervix is quite irritated only being three days later. I wonder this mainly because you say you can get your vibrator and your fingers approximately three inches into your vagina. You may very well already know this but most vaginas are an average of 3 to 4 inches. It is possible that your cervix is still inflamed from all the activity and that is the wall you are touching that is painful. Vaginismus spasms tend to be closer to the entry of a vagina rather than deeper. That is why woman who do have vaginismus often can insert things much easier after they get past the muscles that are more shallow in the vagina. It is possible to have spasms deeper, though.

Please know that I am not at all discrediting your concern. I just really hate for you to jump to the conclusion that it is vaginismus this early on. I know it is hard not to worry ,though! I feel that giving it a few more days or so and resting will help you a lot. The fact that you can insert things is a great sign! Hopefully others will give you their advice and opinion as well.

Thank you so much. You’ve put me so much at ease. Thanks! x

Heather34
    Participant

Hi there. I am so, so sorry for what you are currently experiencing. Dr. Pacik and another Forum member have talked in the past about the benefits of using Hydrocortisone cream and I am wondering if that may help you with the soreness here. Specifically, the Forum member wrote: “Dr. Pacik’s suggestion to use Hydrocortisone Cream has been a HUGE help for me. My lady bits are just so dang sensitive!!! I bought Hydrocortizone10 in the Cooling Gel formula for during the day and I’ve felt SO much better – then I’ve been using the Hydrocoritzone10 in the ointment for adding to my lube mix with dilating at night. I honestly can’t believe how much that’s helped me feel better the last couple days.” Dr. P has written: “… 1% hydrocortisone is an over the counter topical that is anti-inflammatory and can be purchased either as a cream (faster acting) or as an ointment (longer lasting). It is generally used as a pea sized amount rubbed into the irritated area twice a day and can be used for 1-2 weeks.” I would love to hear from other forum members as well. Also, Melissa and Dr. Pacik, do you have any further thoughts here?

mazemelissa

I think that you might have some bruising deep in the vagina from the vigorous sexual activity. This can take time to heal. Ibuprofen can decrease inflammation and help with pain. I would give your body a rest from penetration for a little longer and then slowly try penetrating with your fingers again in a week or so. I don’t think you have done any permanent damage, just sometimes, deep, hard penetration, although pleasurable, can take a little while to recover from.

Hope this helps..Melissa

Thank you all for your help! It has been a weight off of mine and my mothers shoulders. I had to tell her you see so the chance that it’ll go away on its own is wonderful x

No luck yet. Same amount of depth allowable. A lot of pain to go on with it x

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from SpontaneousVaginismus on February 18, 2016, 16:12
    No luck yet. Same amount of depth allowable. A lot of pain to go on with it x

I’ve been thinking of you and hope so much that your pain has gotten less. Sending you my support.

mazemelissa

I think some slow gradual dilation might be a good idea at this point. I would also investigate potentially seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist. If you have a deep muscle strain, that might need some targeted work with a physical therapist. Pelvic floor physical therapists specialize in pelvic floor disorders and dysfunction related to the muscles. You can probably find one in your area and make an appointment for an initial evaluation.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.