Removing the larger dilators

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Removing the larger dilators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Does anyone find that they dry out a little bit while dilating for an extended period of time with the larger dilators (i.e. blue from pure romance)? I dilate off and on and lately have noticed that after leaving blue in for a couple of hours, it is dry upon removal. For intercourse, we use pre-seed lube and I never become dry. For dilating, I’m thinking of ordering this “YES” lube that everyone has talked about. Besides this, what lubes have you tried with the larger dilators that have worked well???

Lou
    Participant

I’m loving yes! Best lube I’ve found so far but would love to hear of any other good ones!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

When dilators feel too dry on removal it is due to the water based lube absorbing. Here are a few tricks:
    Use a silicone lube first, then the water based on top of this. The silicone based lube will still be on the dilator in the morning.
    Try using olive oil as a base on the dilator, then the water based lube.
    Twist the dilator before removing to break the seal.
    Hope this helps. Would love to hear other thoughts. It is a common problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.