Questions for June and July 2015 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for June and July 2015 Patients

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from lulu on May 28, 2015, 10:18
    Hello Everyone!

I am having my procedure on July 15th. My husband will be coming with me. I am actually extremely excited about it all. I almost wish I had scheduled it sooner but we need time to save up for everything. I will get nervous as it gets closer I am sure. I have the fear at the back of my mind that most of us have or have had that it will not work. However, I feel this is normal and the excitement of being done with vaginismus is certainly outweighing my fears.

I am looking forward to meeting Dr. Pacik , all of the staff and any of you that will be having the procedure around the same time. Like most of us I have never spoken to anyone other than my husband and gynecologist about what I have been dealing with. I did tell my mom recently, though, mainly because I hated keeping it from her and I felt she deserved to know. She was really happy I told her and glad I found out about Dr. Pacik and the procedure.

I really do not have a lot of questions as of right now. It has been helpful to read past postings on the forum about what to wear and tips on dilating. One question I do have, and it is more of a medical question, is did anyone have a reaction to Botox? I am sensitive to a lot of things so I am hoping I do not have a major reaction.

We plan on sightseeing as much as we can. I have always wanted to go to Maine so that is top on my list. I have never been on a plane and we are flying so that will be interesting. I feel like I will be fine and am anxious in both good ways and bad ways about it. I never thought the first time I would be flying would be to go get Botox injections let alone have to get on a plane to do it. Haha.

Hi Lulu! Huge CONGRATS on your upcoming procedure! I know it is going to go so, so very well as will your trip to NH!!! I think flying for the first time will be awesome as well. I flew for the first time from Burlington, VT to Boston, MA and really enjoyed it. I just cannot wait for you to have the treatment and be on the other side of vaginismus! I, too, was treated in the month of June (2011). I wrote a step-by-step guide of my treatment experience (see above). Please know that you are in absolutely excellent care with Dr. Pacik and all of his staff. They care so very much and have just so much experience treating and understanding vaginismus. As for your medical question, I had no reaction to the Botox at all. I also wanted to share with you an excellent Blog describing the safety of Botox: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/botox-for-vaginismus-safety/#sthash.Qj9No3rJ.dpuf. I think visiting Maine sound so, so fun while you are here and it will be absolutely beautiful in the month of July! Here is a fun link for exploring Maine: http://www.visitmaine.net/page/63/attractions! Ok, again, please know that everything will go so, so well for you and you have our support!!!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from AFHall on June 2, 2015, 10:40
    Hello all,

Well I shoukd start by saying that I write out a long post about a week ago as I was so pleased thzt this thread had been put up. For some reason I felt that once the questions for june and juky thred went up it marked the start of my treatment. It made it real. Only I managed to do 4hat really annoying thing where you lose a post before hitting send 🙁 So here I am posting again.

What can I say, I am booked in for Monday June 8th! So so so soon, how did that happen? My boyfriend and I are flying in from London a few days before and will be around for a week after but unfortunately we wont be renting a car so any tips on local attractions or places we can get transport to would be great.

I’d love to know if there are other ladies having thier treatment on the same day as me.

I am just about to make an uplifting playlist for the long plane journey over.

Ayesha

Hi Ayesha! Huge, huge CONGRATS on your upcoming procedure and trip to NH!!!! I seriously know that everything is going to go so, so very well for you!!!! I think it is so exciting that you guys are traveling over from London! I also had my procedure in the month of June (2011) and wrote a step-by-step guide above describing my experience. I cannot wait for you to be here and be treated and then be on the other side of vaginismus! So, so wonderful! As far as local attractions, are you flying into Boston or Manchester? Is there anything in particular that you guys want to see (i.e. museums, Fenway park, etc.). I wanted to share with you some great links for visiting Boston:

Visiting Boston Part I http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/during-your-stay/visiting-the-area/ Visiting Boston Part I discusses popular attractions, such as: The Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, Harvard Square, Newbury Street, The North End, and Beacon Hill areas. Visiting Boston Part II http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/during-your-stay/visiting-boston-part-ii/ Visiting Boston Part II discusses accommodations, such as: hotels close to Logan Airport (Hilton) and hotels in Boston (Omni Parker House and Boston Harbor Hotel). It further discusses Things to do in Boston, including: horse-drawn carriage rides; Spirit of Boston cruises; dinner in the North End, Durgin Park in Faneuil Hall, or at the Top of the Hop in the Prudential Center; shopping on Newbury Street

And, my favorite thing of all:

Private gondola tour along the Charles River. The hubby and I recently did this and it was such a romantic and memorable experience!!! http://www.bostongondolas.com/ This romantic cruise along The Esplanade and onto The Charles River includes: * A PRIVATE 50 minute cruise * A live accordion player * A basket of cheese & crackers * Fresh strawberries * Rich chocolates At night, votive candles will be lit to create the perfect romantic ambiance. Couples, don’t forget, a kiss under any bridge brings good luck to all!

Sending you huge hugs and all our support!!!!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from AFHall on June 2, 2015, 10:40
    What can I say, I am booked in for Monday June 8th!

Hi there! If you have a chance to read this prior to Monday, I know everything is going to go so, so well for you with the treatment program! Please know you have my support 100%!!! Sending you big hugs!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Hazel
    Participant

Thanks so much, Heather! My husband and I started a big road trip several days ago with this procedure as the final event. Unfortunately, a huge truck crashed into us on the 1st day of our vacation!!! We were checked out and are both fine with just some large bruises. Our car is totaled, but we forge on in a rental car! As you can imagine it’s been fun (ha) dealing with all of the insurance details during our journey. But this is just one more roadblock to overcome on the road to health.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Hazel! OMG! I am so, so, so sorry that happened to you guys. Please know that I am here for you and you definitely have the right attitude. I just know so much that your procedure is going to go great on the 15th and you will be on the other side of vaginismus! Have you guys arrived in NH yet or are you in Boston for the weekend? Sending you ginormous hugs and, again, know I am here for you always!!!!!

lulu
    Participant

Thanks Heather! . It has been great reading about your experience and journey. It is really uplifting to know this battle can be won and that none of us are in it alone even when it feels like we are.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lulu. It’s so nice hearing from you and I seriously know that your procedure is going to go excellent! Have you thought more about visiting Maine and researched any places to check out up there? It is sooooo beautiful and especially during that time of year! Sending you big hugs!!!!

Hazel
    Participant

Actually we are doing a road trip up the coast from Florida!

I had a question about visiting the area if you wouldn’t mind. I would like to possibly visit Maine and check out an awesome lobster restaurant, perhaps near the water or a neat area for a bit of exploring. Do you have any suggestions for places not too far up into Maine? Maybe an hour and a half drive or less?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Hazel. Thinking of you and I know everything will go so well with your procedure today!!!!

I have some great ideas for you when visiting Maine. Fox’s Lobster House is only an hour drive from Manchester and is right next to The Nubble Light House. This would be very fun to explore and I’ve been to the restaurant for a rehearsal dinner and absolutely loved it (right on the water)!!!

http://www.foxslobster.com/index.htm
    Fox’s Lobster House
    8 Sohier Park Rd
    York Beach, ME 03910
    Every summer since 1966, Fox’s Lobster House has been serving tons of fresh Maine lobster, seafood, homemade Maine blueberry pie, and ice cream to the thousands of tourists who come to visit the famous Nubble Lighthouse in York, Maine each day. At Fox’s Lobster House, lobsters are boiled the “old fashioned way” in our lobster pound, which dates back to 1936. As we say “One Nibble on the Nubble and You’re Hooked!”

Summer Hours (July & August)
    Restaurant and Bar 11:30 AM- 9:00 PM
    Outside Patio 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM

Exploring:

The Sohier Park is very small park along the Coast of York in Maine but is one of the most visited in Maine due to it’s unique location as the stepping stone to post card perfect views of the Cape Neddick and the Nubble Light House and Panoramic Views of the Long Beach area of York Town. The park also provides free parking year-round, benches, restrooms, a telescope, and a small seasonal gift shop.

The Nubble Light House has one rich history in the Maine Coast. The Nubble light House is a major stop for people who go on a tour of Maine in General and southern main in Particular. The best place to view the Lighthouse is at the nearby Sohier State Park where parking is free. Built in 1879, Cape Neddick is the southernmost of Maine’s many lighthouses. It is also called Nubble Light, refering to the barren rocky island (Nubble) on which it sits, just off shore. The 41 foot tower is constructed of cast iron plates lined with brick. Cape Neddick’s fourth-order lens flashes red every six seconds, and is visible for 13 miles.The Nubble Light has probably appeared on more postcards, calendars, and other souvenirs than any other New England lighthouse.

Heather34
    Participant

Driving Directions from 57 Bay St., Manchester, NH to Fox’s Lobster House – 8 Sohier Park Rd, York Beach, ME:

1 hour 3 mins

1. Start out going north on Bay St toward North St.
    0.2 mi
    2. Turn right onto Webster St/US-3 N. Continue to follow US-3 N.
    1.4 mi
    3. Merge onto I-93 S toward NH-101/Salem/Boston.
    2.2 mi
    4. Merge onto NH-101 E via EXIT 7 on the left toward Seacoast/Portsmouth.
    31.3 mi
    5. Merge onto I-95 N toward Portsmouth/Maine Pts (Portions toll) (Crossing into Maine).
    18.0 mi
    6. Take EXIT 7 toward Ogunquit/York.
    0.4 mi
    7. Merge onto Spur Rd.
    0.2 mi
    8. Turn left onto US Route 1/US-1 N.Stonewall Kitchen is on the corner
    3.3 mi
    9. Turn right onto Cape Neddick Rd/US-1 Alt S. Continue to follow US-1 Alt S.US-1 Alt S is 0.1 miles past Emerald Ln
    1.7 mi
    10. Turn left onto Church St/US-1 Alt S.Harry’s Seafood & Grill is on the corner
    11. Welcome to YORK BEACH, ME.

jessbee
    Participant

I love visiting this forum because it is a reminder of how far I have traveled on this journey. It will be one year in August that I had my procedure done, and what milestones I’ve been able to reach in one year! The first milestone is waking up with a huge dilator inside of you and realizing “wow, I’m really not broken afterall!” That is the absolute best feeling because you’ve spent half of your life wondering if you were a normal functioning woman.

To all those ladies that are having these procedures done in the next couple of weeks, you all are warriors, and Dr. Pacik is your fierce leader guiding you to victory! There is no doubt that this procedure will be successful for you too. Dr. Pacik is God sent..he knows exactly what is he doing, and when you meet him and his staff all of your anxiety and worries will go away. He is really that good. He has this gift, that when he talks to you and looks in your eyes, you know in your heart this man is genuine. He and his staff will do everything in their power to make your experience as pleasant and successful as possible.

It will take a lot of hard work and effort on your part to continue being successful and ultimately acheive penetration. There will be days when you don’t want to sleep in your dilator or ever see a dilator again for that matter. But that is okay, you just continue on the next day. If you have a set back, you just start over again. I speak from experience. There was a time when I didn’t dilate for weeks at a time when I had to have surgery for other reasons. After a month of no dilation, getting in a #4 burned and hurt, and it scared me for a bit. I thought “oh no!! My vaginismus is back!”, but I calmed down and relaxed and tried it again. Inserting it made me want to cry, but after 30 minutes that pain was gone and I was able to remove it and insert it back in with no problems at all. Dr. Pacik has said that it rare that he has had to do the procedure on someone more than once. You just have to have faith in yourself that you can do this, but also do your part!

Other milestones this year: able to insert a tampon with no problem! being able to have a pelvic exam! a pap smear! an endovaginal ultrasound! penetration! I hope that one day I will be able to have pleasurable intercourse, but that is still a work in progress. I am so grateful for all I have been able to acheive with this simple, virtually painless procedure! I hope to add motherhood to this list of milestones soon, but we’ll leave it in God’s hands.

We loved the Boston/NH area sooooooo much last year that we are going back again this summer. This time we’re also fitting in Maine and Vermont as well. Heather34, thanks so much for that suggestion above! We will have a rental car so we plan to be driving all over Maine…do you have any other suggestions on what to see/do in Maine or Vermont? We are so excited to go back. Loved everything about that area! So different from the land we call Texas..haha

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks Jessbee for sharing so much valuable information for the others. You have made great progress not only physically but also psychologically.
    Let me know when you are in the area, I would love to say hello.
    NH, Vermont and Maine are truly beautiful in the summer. One can easily spend 2 months here and not get bored!

Kunderdo
    Participant

Hi! I am having my surgery in August, but I couldn’t find the correct forum so I thought I would post here!

I recently got a phone call from the office and they said there would be some information in my packet about what needs to be done pre-procedure. But I went through the folder they sent and couldn’t find it. Can anyone share what is on that? Thank you!

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Hi Kunderdo, I sent a copy of your post to Ellen and Cynthia. They should be getting back to you shortly regarding your post. You may also want to post any additional questions or comments you have under the category August 2015 Patients at the following link http://www.vaginismusmd.com/support/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1056

Kunderdo
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.