Posterior Fourchette tears after sex

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Posterior Fourchette tears after sex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CA12421
    Participant

Hello! I have been struggling from posterior fourchette tears for the past six months every time I have sex. We use tons of lube and even without that it’s not a matter of dryness.

I have been on the combo pill for about 10 years, though only sexually active for the past three (and only having regular sex for the last year).

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 about 6 months ago and have only had that primary outbreak so far.

I finally managed to get an appt with my gyno and she prescribed a topical estrogen cream. I’m optimistic about this but also worried about how effective it will be long term and used with the continuation of birth control. Will they sort of cancel each other out? Can I use estrogen cream long term or should I be worried about that?

I went off of birth control one month ago once I read that that could be the culprit, but I am keen to get back on and not just rely on condoms. Would the mini pill be an option?

The other wrinkle is that I’m doing long distance with my bf for now (different countries) so it will be hard to test what helps and what doesn’t…

My main concerns are how to tell if It’s hormonal or maybe related to the HSV. The timing does seem suspicious since I’d been on the pill for so long and only experienced these cuts after the HSV diagnosis. I’ve taken the antivirals when this happens before and they don’t help… the cuts are definitely happening from the skin being stretched, but why didn’t this happen before???

This has been really emotionally taxing on me and I’m so so grateful to find a forum where I can possibly get some answers! I want to feel normal again!

Thank you so much in advance.

CA12421
    Participant

Also as an add on, I am 24 years old so it’s not menopause related!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.