Please help me!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mmbayles91
    Participant

When I got the procedure done, Dr. Pacik told me I had a low pubic bone. I need someone to answer this question for me, because for the past couple months I’ve been having anxiety attacks every time I feel inside. The only way I can explain it, is if I put my finger in, on the “roof” or top of my vagina I can feel a medium sized bump… Is this my pubic bone? The reason I can feel this is because It’s low? I’ve been freaking out thinking there is something wrong with me again, and it’s making this whole process worse, and if someone could give me some insight of why this is there, that would be GREAT!

Thank you,
    Mychelle

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

If you do a Google search for pubic bone, and then click on to images, the pubic bone forms the front side of the bony vault that allows the vagina and rectum to pass through the soft tissues behind it. I mentioned that the pubic bone was somewhat low indicating that intercourse and dilation might be helped by aiming more towards the rectum taking advantage of all the soft tissues in this area. There is still plenty of room for intercourse and most likely for a babies’ head to pass through. By understanding this, penetration may be more comfortable. It was not meant to convey any type of serious abnormality, simply an observation. Most likely nothing needs to be altered. The question is, are you comfortable having intercourse?

mmbayles91
    Participant

Lately I have been having issues, even when dilating up to 2-4 hours prior to intercourse, I have no idea why…? But the question I asked, is that bump I feel my pubic bone?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Mychelle. I did a “google search” of “what does the vagina normally feel like inside” and found a blog in which several of the women said it was normal to feel their pubic bone from inside their vagina. I still think it would be a great idea to talk to Dr. P and to also visit your ob/gyn just for “peace of mind”. You are seriously amazing and have done outstanding post-procedure. I love reading your posts and know that you will continue to do great! I am here for you always!!! :):):)

mmbayles91
    Participant

Thank you Heather!! Means a lot, I’m just terrified to go to a gyn right now because I haven’t found the right one, and I’m going to definitely need to travel further than my home town, because they all treat me like a weirdo here 🙁

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Mychelle. I entirely understand how you feel about doctor’s not understanding the condition of vaginismus. I will not even go near the office of the ob/gyn that I visited pre-procedure and while having vaginismus as I had such a bad experience there. Post-procedure, it was important for me to find a new ob/gyn to change the way that I felt about them and I found a very good one and had a very positive experience with the exam. I dilated in advance with the largest blue dilator (pure romance) and actually wore the dilator to her office. Then, prior to the exam, she removed the dilator and gently inserted the device which was entirely pain-free. I just know that you that you will have complete success with this post-procedure as well. In a recent post, Vashalla had an excellent idea of actually calling the doctor’s office in advance and asking them ahead of time if they have experience in treating patients who have had vaginismus in the past. This may save you a lot of time, help you in finding a good one, and also make the first visit that much easier. An additional idea would be to bring one of Dr. P’s pamphlets to your ob/gyn appointment as well as it explains the condition of vaginismus as well as the procedure. Hope this helps.

mmbayles91
    Participant

Thank you Heather, I will keep all of that in mind. I plan on visiting the ob/gyn before my 22nd birthday, with new stresses and stuff that has just entered the picture, my anxiety has been very high. I can’t even think about throwing in the ob/gyn into the mix haha.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Mychelle. We are all here for you and I know you will be 100% successful when you do go for this first ob/gyn appointment post-procedure. :):):):)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.