Paying for your procedure.

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Paying for your procedure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

When I found Dr. Pacik’s website I had hope again and was eager to make an appointment. The only problem at the time was we didn’t have enough money saved up to pay for the treatment. We spent and wasted so much money through the years with counseling, physical therapy, medications, and etc.

After looking on the website I found where I could apply for a Care Credit Card. I applied that day and I was approved to cover most of the procedure/treatment cost! It was such an easy process and I’m so thankful that Dr. P’s office accepts care credit. I was able to call that day to set up my procedure! The best part is there is NO interest on my card for 12 months. So I will be able to have it payed off in time without having to pay interest. Here I am today almost 4 months post procedure and I am using my dilators every day with zero pain and I am having pain free intercourse with my husband.

I am very thankful that Care credit was a option because for me it meant being able to have treatment. Such a easy process and something you should definitely look into when considering treatment if money is an issue.

Vashalla
    Participant

Agreed on Care Credit. I got one of those cards when one of my cats was having a lot of medical issues, and it made paying off the bills so much easier and less stressful. I think the one I got (this may be true for all of them) gave me 6 months interest free to pay off the card from the time of the charge.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Care Credit has helped so many women get the financing they need for their procedures. In the past, most of the women applying for Care Credit have been our breast enlargement patients; but I am now happy to report that many of our vaginismus patients have benefited from Care Credit too. CareCredit is specifically designed to finance medical procedures, particularly those not usually covered by insurance. With low minimum monthly payment options, no up-front costs, no prepayment penalties and no annual fees, you can get your procedure scheduled sooner. (CareCredit is only available to patients residing in the United States.) For more information on CareCredit and other financing options, please visit our website. http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/financing-information/

elliotte
    Participant

We were fortunate that our insurance covered Dr. Pacik and his office. His practice was in our insurance network! When we had our procedure done, a wonderful lady named Diane Tremblay filled the insurance for Dr. Pacik’s office. She was awesome! She made sure that we would get as much of a refund as possible. We had to pay up front for the procedure, but in about a month, we got our insurance reimbursement. After going to Manchester, and meeting the wonderful staff, I would have paid for the procedure regardless if the insurance covered or not. The work that they’re doing is remarkable in my opinion.

Heather34
    Participant

These are excellent posts Allie, Vashalla, Janet, and Elliotte. So many people may wonder how to pay for this treatment and these are all viable options. For years of suffering with vaginismus and prior to discovering Dr. Pacik’s treatment program, my hubby and I believed that the only available treatment was in excess of $10,000 and did not even include hotel and expenses in Long Island. Dr. Pacik’s treatment is much, much less than this and within reach for those reading this. And, more importantly than anything, it is the CURE for vaginismus and was our answer after so many years of struggling. For any new members reading this thread, I would love your comments and input on Paying for Your Procedure.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Heather, Diane Tremblay has been a huge help to us in getting our insurance to help pay for some of the costs. She has gone to bat for us and even though my procedure was back in October she is still diligently working with our insurance to try and get more reimbursement for us. I highly recommend Diane!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more. Diane has done an amazing job going to bat for countless patients helping them collect insurance reimbursements. We all know how difficult it can be, yet Diane with her 25 years of experience with insurance coding knows exactly what needs to be done. She comes to my office several times a week to make copies of records to help with the submission process. She contacts me personally when the odds are stacked against the patient to submit what is needed to turn it around. I too am very grateful for the work that Diane does every day.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In a recent post, Chocolate wrote “My husband and I decided that we really wanted to have the procedure done as soon as possible. I was able to open a CareCredit account for almost the full amount of the procedure and on very short notice, schedule my procedure for June 24th – one week from Monday!” This is beyond awesome and just another means out there of paying for the procedure. Has anyone else used CareCredit or other financing options? What would you recommend for future patients?

Anonymous

Elliotte did you know ahead of time what your insurance would cover? What kind of insurance do you have? How much did your insurance cover?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.