Lelo helpful with transitioning

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Lelo helpful with transitioning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I was thinking about more helpful tools for those transitioning to intercourse. One thing that may be very helpful to do is to use the regular dilators for a while (an hour or two) and then, after dilating, to also use the Lelo. It’s very comfortable and even smaller than the pink dilator. It also has many different speeds and controls which can serve as a wonderful distraction and also a great source of relaxation for even the most anxious patients.

Concerning the distraction part of using a vibrator, Dr. Pacik writes:
    “Clitoral vibration makes both dilation and intercourse easier (and more fun). If the clitoral stimulation is too strong, the vibrator can be placed on the lower abdomen. When I give Botox injections into the facial muscles, I routinely use a dental vibrating toothbrush (without the brush) to help distract my patients during the injections.”

Concerning the relaxation part of using a vibrator, Dr. Pacik writes:
    “The Lelo Liv is a very appropriate vibrating dilator for our vaginismus patients. We highly recommend the Lelo Liv because this vibrating dilator allows the vaginal muscles to be stretched while reducing stress and promoting relaxation. To use the Lelo Liv, make sure it is very lubricated, turn the vibrator down to the lowest setting and insert it slowly. Move the vibrator in and out being aware of which sensations you enjoy the most. Many of our vaginismus patients do well combining vibrators with dilation before transitioning to intercourse.”

For the veterans reading this, would you also recommend the Lelo? If so, why and how has it helped you?

Nakitalab
    Participant

I would recommend the Lelo. It not only helps me to relax but to get into the “mood”. This is an area that I have struggled with for so many years I associate making love and intercourse with extreme pain and not something that I could even get excited about let alone look forward to. I haven’t felt comfortable inserting it yet for some reason and have just used it externally. But I’m hoping soon to get to that point. I do recommend it though. 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nakitalab. This is great feedback. Something that may be helpful for you to get to the point of feeling comfortable with inserting the Lelo is to dilate with either pink or blue prior or the glass equivalent (as part of your normal routine of dilating). The Lelo is very, very similar to the size of the pink (pure romance) dilator. Once you removed the pink, at first, it may help to think of the Lelo as just another dilator as it has the same comfortable silicone texture and is even colored. I was nervous prior to inserting my first vibrator, the Candy Stick. I dilated with blue (pure romance) for a while and then my hubby simply removed it and inserted the Candy Stick right in. This, too, had the same silicone feel as the dilators. And, the more we practiced with it and the various settings, the more used to it I become and it can be a very, very fun and enjoyable part of foreplay. For me, it also helped to build even more trust with the hubby and to associate foreplay with pleasure and no pain whatsoever. For him, he could enjoy the fact that it caused the exact opposite reaction as the many years of having vaginismus and experiencing the fear/pain response. Hope this helps!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thanks, Heather. Thank you for sharing. I like the part about it helped to build trust with hubby as this is an area I need lots of work with. We will definitely try it when I see him this weekend. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.