I did it!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nakitalab
    Participant

Just got back to our room and its been 3.5 hrs since my procedure. All the anxiety and fear were for not as Dr. Pacik and his staff were overwhelmingly kind, empathetic and so supportive. So thankful my sister flew out from Oregon to be here with me. It was an amazing feeling waking up and knowing I had Mr. Blue in and without pain. It was so great to meet Allie and Justin! I’ve got my dilator in and ready to go to explore NH. Really looking forward to tomorrow morning and the most important part for me……post counseling!

K Howard
    Participant

This is wonderful Nakitalab! I’m so glad that things went well for you (and Allie) this morning! Enjoy NH…definitely a beautiful place. I agree that the post counseling was very important for me too!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thanks K Howard. Boy did I feel like I looked funny walking today. Do you get used to it? We went to Hampton beach and walked around Portsmouth. What a neat place. A little nervous about sleeping with the dilator in tonight. Afraid it will be hard to take out tomorrow.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nakita! HUGE CONGRATS on your procedure! This is so, so wonderful and I am so proud of you. Hampton Beach and Portsmouth sound beautiful. I, too, can remember the first day and walking with the dilator in. It felt so strange to walk with but, yes, it gets so much more comfortable and you do get used to it. I still remember reading the post about shopping while dilating!!! LOL. I can remember that my roommate and I were both nervous about sleeping with the dilator on the night after our procedure and removing it the following morning. What helped us both was twisting/turning the dilator prior to removal and it caused no discomfort to come out. I KNOW you will do great tomorrow and can’t wait to read your posts!

K Howard
    Participant

You’re welcome..and yes, to everything that Heather said 🙂 It does feel kind of strange walking around and it feels like everyone “knows” that you have it in there somehow lol but you do definitely get use to it the more practice you have. My husband and I visited the beach as well and absolutely LOVED it! Twisting/turning the dilator after having it in place for a while truly works wonders and helps big time for the removal. I wish you the best for day 2…you will do fabulous!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.