How do you relax prior to intercourse?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus How do you relax prior to intercourse?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I’m wondering what helps you to relax prior to intercourse?

In the past (pre-procedure), I visited gynecologists who suggested having a drink or even getting drunk to relax enough to have pain-free sex and cure vaginismus. I tried this a couple of times and it obviously wasn’t the miracle cure that the hubby and I were hoping it would be then. Fast forward to now, I find that having a glass of wine is kind of nice and relaxing prior to intercourse. In addition to this, I’ve also found that lighting scented candles and taking a warm bath is also very relaxing prior to intercourse.

Ladies, what “methods” have helped you or failed when trying to “relax” prior to intercourse (i.e. a drink, taking a shower, hot tubbing, going out for a romantic dinner, taking a walk, receiving a love note from your partner making a date, receiving flowers, etc. etc.)???

Diana
    Participant

Hi Heather, we enjoy watching a nice movie at home while I dilate. Once the movie is finished, we tune up to some soothing music and move one with our plans… ;). Have a great week!

Alyx
    Participant

Prior to botox I had some doctors to tell me the same sort of stuff ie. “have some wine, have a drink” someone even told me to have a cigar and perscribed me vicaden (don’t think I spelled that correctly)??? Taking it just made me fall asleep and wake up the next morning feeling like someone had beat me up or something??? Weirdness… Anyhoo, post procedure, I find that taking a long shower, burning some lavender scented oil (in an oil burner with a tea candle on the bottom), and watching something funny helps me to relax while dilating. I hope this helps somebody. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.