How do you relax prior to intercourse?

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus How do you relax prior to intercourse?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mmHeather34

Hi ladies. I’m wondering what helps you to relax prior to intercourse?

In the past (pre-procedure), I visited gynecologists who suggested having a drink or even getting drunk to relax enough to have pain-free sex and cure vaginismus. I tried this a couple of times and it obviously wasn’t the miracle cure that the hubby and I were hoping it would be then. Fast forward to now, I find that having a glass of wine is kind of nice and relaxing prior to intercourse. In addition to this, I’ve also found that lighting scented candles and taking a warm bath is also very relaxing prior to intercourse.

Ladies, what “methods” have helped you or failed when trying to “relax” prior to intercourse (i.e. a drink, taking a shower, hot tubbing, going out for a romantic dinner, taking a walk, receiving a love note from your partner making a date, receiving flowers, etc. etc.)???

Diana
    Participant

Hi Heather, we enjoy watching a nice movie at home while I dilate. Once the movie is finished, we tune up to some soothing music and move one with our plans… ;). Have a great week!

Alyx
    Participant

Prior to botox I had some doctors to tell me the same sort of stuff ie. “have some wine, have a drink” someone even told me to have a cigar and perscribed me vicaden (don’t think I spelled that correctly)??? Taking it just made me fall asleep and wake up the next morning feeling like someone had beat me up or something??? Weirdness… Anyhoo, post procedure, I find that taking a long shower, burning some lavender scented oil (in an oil burner with a tea candle on the bottom), and watching something funny helps me to relax while dilating. I hope this helps somebody. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.