GYN Exam Tip

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I recently had a GYN exam which is the first one I’ve had since my procedure. I was somewhat nervous to go but I dilated for a half an hour right before going and I think that really helped reduce the discomfort and pain that I experienced.
    I also asked the doctor to use the smallest tools they had, since what she had on the table were quite big. Overall, the appointment went far better than I expected, and it was much less painful than any past GYN visits that I’ve ever had.
    So definitely dilating beforehand I would recommend to be helpful at reducing any discomfort that may be experienced.

Anyone have any other tips?

rachel
    Participant

I found this helped too. I dilated with just the pink dilator and found it to be enough. I also let them know my history and most are very understanding and take their time if they know your history.

Annie
    Participant

I haven’t had this procedure yet but am a bit nosy 🙂 May I ask why pelvic exams are difficult after this procedure? I thought this procedure was meant to overcome vaginismus. Was it more of an emotional discomfort than physical? I just want to know what I can expect. How long has it been since you had your surgery? Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.