Further Advocacy Efforts – Ideas from new members

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Further Advocacy Efforts – Ideas from new members

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In a prior post, I wrote:

“I just posted about Dr. Pacik’s new blog concerning insurance coverage for the Botox treatment for vaginimsus. After doing this, I can’t help but think that so much more really needs to be done to get the word out about the condition and specifically this treatment. This truly is the cure for vaginismus and must be recognized as such and fully covered by all insurance companies. I know we all discussed disseminating pamphlets to physicians, health clinics, and universities. Also, Diana had the great idea of donating Dr. Pacik’s book to local libraries so more women could learn about the condition and this treatment program. Since our discussion, I’ve handed out the pamphlets to every single doctor that I’ve come into contact with to further educate them on the condition. I’ve also distributed them to the health clinic at Northeastern University and plan to do so much more. For those ladies who have been members of the forum from the very beginning and for those new members to the forum, what ideas do you have to further spread the word about both the condition of vaginismus and this treatment program? What else can we all do together to prevent further women from suffering in silence with vaginismus? I would seriously LOVE to hear your ideas.”

Once again, I’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas, plans for further ways of advocating and preventing other women from continuing to suffer with this condition in silence

Nakitalab
    Participant

Great idea about donating Dr. Pacik’s book to the library. I’m doing that tomorrow!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.