End of year resolutions

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories End of year resolutions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I know we often make “New” years resolutions, but do we have go back 10 months later and see if we got to all of them? There are still more than two months in the new year. We often see an influx of vaginismus patients in January, a one of their resolutions was to address their pain. If you are reading this, and you made a resolution to address vaginismus in 2017, you still have time. Any time is the right time to treat vaginismus

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I remember thinking in the spring of 2016 that I would make it one of my 2017 new year’s resolutions to finally deal with my vaginismus. It was a way of pretending I was okay where I was relative to the problem (“I’ll deal with this eventually!”) without actually addressing any of the issues I was facing or making a plan to solve them. I ended up getting a push in the right direction from my partner that summer and by the end of October 2016 I had received the botox procedure and had intercourse with that partner for the first time.

“I’m too busy.”
    “I’ll try when the timing feels right.
    “I’m not ready.”

There will always be another reason to say no to dealing with your vaginismus. But you can watch your whole life pass by if you listen to these objections. I encourage anyone with vaginismus reading this to instead look for a reason to say yes. Find the thing that will pull you toward the direction of growth and change. The sooner you take the first step, the sooner you can enjoy a life with this problem behind you.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nicole. I love this thread so much and it brings up so many emotions for me. Every year, I like to use a business card or a small piece of paper and write out a list of things I want to do in the coming year and goals I want to achieve. Literally, for all of my 20s and into my 30s, I had on the top of my list “cure V”. I wanted to overcome very bad but had periods of avoidance and seeing doctors and providers who would say to “just relax” so many times. It was discouraging and led to more avoidance. Despite this, it remained on the top of my list which led to tons and tons of online research and finding Dr. Pacik’s Botox treatment program through a post from another group member in a yahoo forum. If you are reading this right now, it’s so, so, so, so seriously awesome because you already are on a great path as you have found the Forum for support and also a group who specializes in treating the condition and, as I write so many times, they “get it” which is so important. Please know that you have my support today.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.