Dilators, DVD, and Book Set

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Dilators, DVD, and Book Set

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I wanted to share a recent post from Dr. Pacik. He writes:

“For those of you who will not be able to schedule treatment I would urge you to contact my office and purchase a set of dilators, the DVD on dilation (about two hours of what is normally covered during the counseling session) and my book “When Sex Seems Impossible. Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy”. When anxiety to penetration is very high, the full treatment is usually the best. You can link to vaginismus aids
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/
    and call the office for information about the DVD. The book on vaginismus can be ordered on our website and through Amazon.com”

Heather34
    Participant

Dr. Pacik has written: “If you are able to tolerate some penetration, start off using dilators and use them consistently as described in the book. A DVD on correct dilation can be purchased from Shellie. http://crystaldelights.com/shop/dilators/”

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. In an excellent discussion, Dr. Pacik describes the glass dilators: “These dilators are made of a pyrex-like material. Vaginal dilators are often the first attempt at treating vaginismus for those women who are able to tolerate some penetration. Many companies make vaginal dilators, but typically as you get to the larger sizes, the dilators are made too long and protrude from the vagina. The glass dilators are all the same length, 3 1/2 inches (the average depth of the vagina), which allows the woman to be mobile during dilation, and range in size from the #3 (about the size of the index finger) to #6 (#’s 5 and 6 are the usual sizes needed to progress to intercourse). #7 and #8 is helpful for women with larger partners.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.