dilating whlie menstrating???

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus dilating whlie menstrating???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alyx
    Participant

Ok chicas…. are we supposed to dilate while on our cycle??? It just seems like it would be kinda grose?? Adversely, if we don’t then we skip almost a full week of dilating. I’m open to all advice, comments and suggestions lol. – Alyx 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Alyx. That’s a great question and I’m sure a very common one. For me personally, I skipped dilating during the first 3 days of my cycle and then resumed dilating during my last 2 days. In the beginning, I was so afraid that if I skipped any amount of time with the dilators, then I would never be able to dilate again. This wasn’t the case at all. Again, in the beginning, if it ever felt a little tightness dilating after my period, I would begin with purple and work my way up to blue. I also used a lot of lubricant. This was a very good question and I can’t wait to read more of your posts.

Alyx
    Participant

Hi Heather! lol! Thanks for answering my question! I’ll definitely try dilating as my cycle disapates. – Alyx 🙂

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

It depends on how heavy the cycle is. For lighter cycles some dilation is possible, for heavier cycles skip the first few days. Even 5-10 minutes is valuable. This however is an excellent time to use a tampon. This is another form of penetration which most of my patients have been unable to use. Dr. Pacik

Amanda Miller
    Participant

I had my cycle only 2 weeks after having procedure. However my periods are very very heavy and I didn’t want to dilate. Just freaks me out bc it gross. Haha. Normally my cycle last a full 6-7 days I as able to dilate after the 4th day. I didn’t seem to have much trouble with reinserting it after waiting 4 days. I didn’t try tampon because it always freaks me out since I’m so heavy. I think I am going to try next cycle though even if it is only on the lighter days!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.