Daughter wants to use tampons

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Sexual Pain That May Not Be Vaginismus Daughter wants to use tampons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    momoflisa
    Participant

My daughter Lisa is 15 and she wants to start using tampons. She’s in the swimming team so I totally get she doesn’t want to skip her training sessions because of her period. She tried using mini tampons, but she said she can’t get them in and they hurt her and she asked for help. Do you think it’s appropriate if I stay with her in the bathroom and help her out? Or is this not done? I’m sure she’ll be okay with me being around but I have my doubts if this is really an ok thing for me to do at her age.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi momoflisa – thanks for your thoughtful question! I think what you’ve described would likely be fine, but there are probably other interim solutions that would work as well. Has your daughter tried watching any videos about how to insert a tampon, or looked at detailed diagrams to understand if she’s doing it right? You might try something like that first. But if she really needs the help, i’m sure she would appreciate your guidance! Maybe if you’re comfortable with it you could show her how you do it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.