constipation a reason for vaginismus??

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus constipation a reason for vaginismus??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sweety
    Participant

Hi all,

Is there is any link between constipation and Vaginismus?

If the muscles at the back are at stain does it affect the vaginal muscles?

I have constipation and that has led to chronic fissure, does it have an impact on vaginismus?

sweety

Heather34
    Participant

Hi sweety. I do not know the answer to your question regarding if there is any connection between constipation and vaginismus, but I researched the information and found out the following (see below). I hope this helps.

Chronic constipation – Constipation over a long period of time may damage the pelvic floor weakening it and straining the organs. An imbalance can set itself up further feeding in to the pattern of constipation where the muscle dysfunction has become the main problem.

Pain – Pain associated with pelvic floor dysfunction can be in the pelvic floor itself or can be referred with the feeling that it is in the anus or rectum or coccyx, the vagina, labia and clitoris in women and penis, scrotum or perineum in men. There is often associated lower abdominal pain and associated tension in other pelvic, lower limb and spinal muscles.

Reference: http://www.pelvicphysiotherapy.com/pelvic-dysfunction

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Though there can be an association between irritable bowel syndrome and vaginismus, constipation is not usually one of the associated conditions. It is best to manage constipation with a high fiber diet which would include the use of Metamucil (easier if taken with diluted juice) and a stool softener such as over the counter Colace.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.