Botox without dilation or support

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Botox without dilation or support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

I definitely don’t think that Botox without dilating or support would work. Dilating for two hours a day and sleeping with one in every other night is so important. Not only are you stretching your muscle but you are building confidence in yourself. Our minds are so powerful and for me it is my biggest obstacle. Dilating helps to retrain your mind that yes….you can insert a tampon, dilator, penis. That the vagina was meant for not only having a baby but for pleasure too. It truly has built up my confidence level. I am so committed to the dilating process. And this forum and the support I have received from the ladies here as well as the huge support from Dr. Pacik and his team have been extremely instrumental in my success. Dilating and support are crucial to success!

tigerkitty
    Participant

I haven’t had the Botox precedure done but I absolutely agree that the procedure alone, in most cases, wouldn’t be enough to cure the issue of vaginismus. You still wouldn’t be used to the feel of something inside of you, as I imagine most patients have never managed to penetrate before so the feeling would be entirely new and strange to them, causing anxiety in itself. Then there is the doubt – what if it didn’t work for you? What if it still will hurt? If you don’t have that moment of waking up and knowing you have something so large inside of you without pain, I imagine it would be hard to rid your mind of that doubt, at least in the beginning. So much of the condition is to do with fear and anxiety at the perceived pain and discomfort you will feel that curing the physical side of it only just won’t be enough. Having that dilator inside of you pain free when you first awake gives you that kick-start you need to gain the confidence at seeing the treatment through.

Nakitalab
    Participant

I definitely don’t think that Botox without dilating or support would work. Dilating for two hours a day and sleeping with one in every other night is so important. Not only are you stretching your muscle but you are building confidence in yourself. Our minds are so powerful and for me it is my biggest obstacle. Dilating helps to retrain your mind that yes….you can insert a tampon, dilator, penis. That the vagina was meant for not only having a baby but for pleasure too. It truly has built up my confidence level. I am so committed to the dilating process. And this forum and the support I have received from the ladies here as well as the huge support from Dr. Pacik and his team have been extremely instrumental in my success. Dilating and support are crucial to success!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.