Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Spontaneous Vaginismus after rough intercourse Re: Spontaneous Vaginismus after rough intercourse


Hi there. I am so, so sorry for what you are currently experiencing. Dr. Pacik and another Forum member have talked in the past about the benefits of using Hydrocortisone cream and I am wondering if that may help you with the soreness here. Specifically, the Forum member wrote: “Dr. Pacik’s suggestion to use Hydrocortisone Cream has been a HUGE help for me. My lady bits are just so dang sensitive!!! I bought Hydrocortizone10 in the Cooling Gel formula for during the day and I’ve felt SO much better – then I’ve been using the Hydrocoritzone10 in the ointment for adding to my lube mix with dilating at night. I honestly can’t believe how much that’s helped me feel better the last couple days.” Dr. P has written: “… 1% hydrocortisone is an over the counter topical that is anti-inflammatory and can be purchased either as a cream (faster acting) or as an ointment (longer lasting). It is generally used as a pea sized amount rubbed into the irritated area twice a day and can be used for 1-2 weeks.” I would love to hear from other forum members as well. Also, Melissa and Dr. Pacik, do you have any further thoughts here?