Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus for the Men any suggestions? help with IBS and Vaginismus Re: any suggestions? help with IBS and Vaginismus

Dr. Pacik

Thanks Benny for sharing this important post. Vaginismus can be associated with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) but they are two separate entities. Though I treat vaginismus, I leave it to the gastroenterologists to treat IBS. Sometimes IBS improves when vaginismus is improved.
Low libido needs a separate evaluation, usually by a sex therapist. For low hormones (such as low testosterone in women) I suggest consulting with an endocrinologist who specializes in female sexual dysfunction.
I would suggest that you help your wife fill out the questionnaire so I can assess the condition. The Female Sexual Function Index form will help me evaluate her libido. You can get these forms by calling my office 603 669 0290.
Please keep us informed.