Tools to fight discomfort

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Tools to fight discomfort

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Recently, there was a post about dilating and differentiating b/t pain and discomfort. One of the members noted that while she didn’t experience burning pain with dilating, it simply felt a little uncomfortable at times. In thinking about this, there are several tools available to help fight discomfort. First, as discussed in several threads, use lubricant very liberally. There are countless types available and several of the forum members have posted very positive reviews of YES lubricant. Second, as recently discussed in a thread, it is very helpful to use a moisturizer after dilating or intercourse, such as Replens vaginal moisturizer. In addition to these tools, do you have any other recommendations, suggestions, or ideas that may help other patients out should they experience discomfort???

Heather34
    Participant

Any thoughts here ladies about tools to fight discomfort for the newbies???

Heather34
    Participant

Dr. Pacik and another Forum member have talked in the past about the benefits of using Hydrocortisone cream. Specifically, the Forum member wrote: “Dr. Pacik’s suggestion to use Hydrocortisone Cream has been a HUGE help for me. My lady bits are just so dang sensitive!!! I bought Hydrocortizone10 in the Cooling Gel formula for during the day and I’ve felt SO much better – then I’ve been using the Hydrocoritzone10 in the ointment for adding to my lube mix with dilating at night. I honestly can’t believe how much that’s helped me feel better the last couple days.” Dr. P has written: “… 1% hydrocortisone is an over the counter topical that is anti-inflammatory and can be purchased either as a cream (faster acting) or as an ointment (longer lasting). It is generally used as a pea sized amount rubbed into the irritated area twice a day and can be used for 1-2 weeks.” I would love to hear from other forum members as well. Also, to the Maze team, do you have any further thoughts here?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.