Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Sex workers and vaginismus Reply To: Sex workers and vaginismus

sunnysonya
Participant

I think sex workers aren’t legal in large parts in the world, which means most of them are operating under another flag (like massage therapists). I guess that’s the reason why they are not easy to find and/or can’t advertise their services.

What I find fantastic is that apparently having penetrative sex is only ONE of the points they tackle, and not even the most important one judging from your story. I think being single and having to deal with vaginismus is even a bigger issue vs. when you’re in a relationship, cause the first partner you’re going to meet after therapy will indeed be someone you’ll have to trust immensely and I can understand this is such a giant step for most patients they even don’t want/dare to take that step and stay single for the rest of their life. For those women having a sex worker to “learn” how to be intimate with someone can be of great help.