Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General At my wits end with vaginismus. Will I ever be free from it? Reply To: At my wits end with vaginismus. Will I ever be free from it?

recessivegenequeen
Participant

Hi stargazer – I’m glad you posted in the forums after a long time of looking around! You’re brave to share your story, and i’m so sorry for all the pain and negative emotions you’ve been through. I suffered from vaginismus for almost 10 years before I was finally able to get treatment that helped, so I know what it feels like to live with those feelings of shame and inadequacy for so long. It does such a number on your self-esteem and you should be proud of yourself for taking steps to seek treatment like ordering dilators even when you’re having such a hard time.

My vaginismus was severe and sounds like how you describe yours – NOTHING could get in and my response to being touched down there was to clench for dear life (not that I could control it). I eventually went to the Maze clinic after my partner encouraged me to seek treatment and they determined my vaginismus was too severe for me to see much progress with traditional dilation methods. I eventually got the botox treatment that Maze offers and was able to be penetrated 20 days later, so I can swear by its efficacy even in extreme cases. Since you’ve tried so much before without success I’d seriously recommend looking into it. It was so worth it for the peace of mind and the improvement to my sex life. You can read more about it here:

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have – and I’m so sorry you’re going through this! I never thought I’d be able to have intercourse, much less ENJOY pain-free sex, so even if it feels impossible now, it doesn’t always have to be.