Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General My mini success story plus some questions Reply To: My mini success story plus some questions

mmmazemelissa

Let’s celebrate your success…and it’s not so mini in my opinion. Inserting that vibrator for the first time practically the whole way is huge!

Vibrators can be very helpful with dilation for the reasons that you mentioned, the vibration sensation can help distract from discomfort, and might even feel pleasurable for some. However, most women will find pleasure from clitoral stimulation and not from the vibration inside the vagina, so keep that in mind.

As for the muscle tightness, it does continue to improve, the more you work through the dilators/vibrator. Since you just started, it is not surprising that you are feeling levels of tension as you insert it. Hopefully, the more you use it, the easier it will become, and you will continue to see the muscles tension give more easily.

You can bring dilators to appointments, and as to use them prior to a procedure. You can always ask to insert the speculum or the ultrasound wand yourself when you are in an exam room. It is important to find a provider who is sensitive to your issues, and if possible someone who has hx of working with vaginismus patients.

You might want to explore working with a pelvic floor physcial therapist. They would help treat your muscle tension, as well has help you learn to relax with exams and control your pelvic floor.

Hope this helps! Melissa