Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Welcome New Members! Reply To: Welcome New Members!

Hi @nigelsmum – welcome to our community! We’re so glad you found us and we thank you for sharing your story.

I’m so sorry to hear about your struggle with vaginismus. While vaginismus is rarely discussed (though it SHOULD be!), I can promise you that you aren’t alone, and we hear stories like yours all the time.

I’m relieved to know that your husband has been so patient and supportive, and I also want to acknowledge your concerns. Vaginismus affects many women interpersonally and this can be difficult to navigate.

Anxiety is almost always correlated with vaginismus, and while I know you’re looking forward to the Botox procedure, I do suggest you seek individual counseling to help you process your feelings and cultivate solid skills to help you cope. Additionally, it sounds like you and your husband could benefit from couples counseling (even if just a few sessions) so that you can continue this processing collectively with an experienced guide holding safe space for you. We provide these services at Maze so please let us know if we can be of help or refer you to providers in your area.

Wishing you all my best!