Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Welcome New Members! Reply To: Welcome New Members!

enogine
Participant

Hello, my name is Anna, I’m 18 years old.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am to find a place to finally talk about this. I was in tears earlier. I have so many things I want to talk about but I feel so ashamed for even thinking about sharing. My family has never been one to talk about sex or anything related, and I was unfortunate enough to learn about it through a book when I was only 10. I felt so ashamed and gross that I had learned it and I’ve never really talked about it with anyone besides my therapist. I hope that I can find some solace here, even if I don’t have vaginismus. However, I do suspect it. I cannot insert tampons without extreme pain, and even if they’re able to get in, it’s extremely painful and taking them out is 100x worse. I’ve tried all that I can think of, and I just don’t know what to do. I am going to college in the fall and I want to be able to shed my fears and shame, as well as be able to have sex normally (I am a virgin) should the opportunity present itself. There is so much more I want to say but I will keep it short here. I would love to know where I can vent my frustrations and learn of any ways I can treat whatever condition I have.