Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Welcome New Members! Reply To: Welcome New Members!

Amanda
Participant

Hi there, my name is Amanda and I am new to this forum. I just turned 28 years old and was diagnosed with vaginismus by my family md almost 1 year ago. I began my journey by first seeing a gynaecologist and it was a very embarrassing appointment as she could not even insert a q-tip. I then was referred to a pelvic floor therapist, first session went very well and from there I was introduced to dilators. I began using them February of 2020 and since then have progressed to dilator 4/5. I feel like I have accomplished a lot in a year but I am still struggling with actually having any sort of penetrative sex. I have tried multiple times and I have a partner that has been super supportive which helps… I feel like at this point I have almost given up and it feels like no matter what I do or how much I try I will never be able to have sex. I am feeling very discouraged and have no idea what to do next….