Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Vaginismus & labour Reply To: Vaginismus & labour

Heather
Participant

Hi Valentina!
Unfortunately I have not experienced this. However, you’ve come so far just to conceive your baby and that is AMAZING! I second what Jennifer said. Do everything in your power to prepare! My vaginismus was more relentless on the mental side of things. It took a while for me to get my brain to stop being so scared. What I did was I would talk to myself, tell myself that it’s okay and that this is MY body and MY body is SAFE! When you talk to yourself, you listen. Dilate(if you can) often! Get yourself familiar with your body, touch your vagina and even go in your vagina with your finger(s) and massage those PC muscles from the inside of your vagina. I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you’re able to do, but if dilating and inserting fingers isn’t possible right now then I would search around for a book regarding vaginismus. There are a lot of helpful psychology tools to help you re wire your brain and stop the fear and hopefully prevent muscle spasms.
But at the end of the day, you are a mother which means you have super Mom strength and you can do this!! Congratulations on your baby 🙂