Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Intro Reply To: Intro

abstractallie
Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Allie – I’ve been married for 5 years and never have been able to have intercourse. I am able to have a finger inserted sometimes, but tampons are a no go – I managed to put a tampon in once, but pulling it out was sooo painful. I just recently visited a new gynecologist (or actually she’s technically a midwife) and for the first time I felt like I was being heard and understood by a healthcare professional. She told me that she wants to refer me to a pelvic floor therapist and that she’ll call me in a few days with a recommendation, so I am hoping and praying that this means there is light at the end of the vaginal tunnel (haha). My husband is super supportive and has told me that he feels satisfied with the way things are now, but that he’s totally on board if I want to do the work to get better. At this point I just really want to try pelvic floor therapy and see if it works for me.
I also am a little confused about the hymen… As a kid, I was told that when you have sex, your hymen breaks and bleeds and all that. But now I hear people saying that there’s a problem if the hymen is covering the vaginal opening. I feel like I’ve definitely been misinformed about what a hymen is!
Anyway, I appreciate any feedback you all can give me. I’m new here, so yeah… thanks for reading 🙂