Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus I feel so alien even amongst women with vaginismus. Reply To: I feel so alien even amongst women with vaginismus.

@lonelytears – thanks so much for sharing your challenges with us. You’re so brave for reaching out and I’m sorry that you are struggling.

While many stories on this forum may sound similar, I promise you – you are not alone. There is nothing universal about sexual dysfunction because every person is unique. I understand that you feel “alien”. And that’s likely because we’re rarely encouraged as women to talk about our bodies! Our society seems to have it so backwards – we hyper-sexualize everything in the media, yet when it comes to real human issues, everyone is hush-hush. It’s so frustrating!

I recommend you seek counseling from a provider who is well-versed in sexual health issues. Here at Maze, we offer both behavioral and physical diagnosis and treatment (because we know sex is never totally weighted to either the physiological or psycho/emotional). We offer free, 10-minute phone consults – give us a call and let us know if we can be of help!