Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Intro Reply To: Intro

Heather
Participant

Hi Juliamc! I too shared your fear for dilating. I think physical therapy would be great for you! I worked with one for a while and she was great. I think it’s wonderful that you have such a supportive partner and you’re absolutely right, this all will be a thing of the past one day. I suffered with vaginismus for 10 years. Most of that time is because I spent my days ignoring the issue and thinking one day it would go away on its own. Sex therapy is great! I’m so proud of you for taking all these steps forward. You have the right attitude! Unleash all the forces you can on this and you will win the battle! 🙂 There is so many amazing tips here on this forum. You should definitely take a peek in the dilating section! But I do highly suggest a dilator kit. A physical therapist could help you in a very safe and comfortable environment. I know how scary it is. When I received my first dilator kit online, I cried when I saw it. But I wasn’t working with my sex therapist or physical therapist at that time. Alone, it is a little difficult. But when you team up with an expert of the brain and an expert of the body, add your determination to the mix and I can’t see how you couldn’t beat this! 🙂 Vaginismus is a symptom of both the mind and body. You can do this!