Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating TRANSITIONING TO SEX ONLY Reply To: TRANSITIONING TO SEX ONLY

recessivegenequeen
Participant

MotivatedMumma – CONGRATULATIONS! This is amazing news! I had vaginismus in the past and also wept with joy the first time my partner was able to insert his penis, so I identify strongly with your elation at the time.

Trust me when I say that it WILL get easier. For me the first month or two were in that awkward phase of adjustment where we were able to have sex without it causing me pain, but it was still sometimes UNCOMFORTABLE and definitely took a lot of warmup both in terms of foreplay and in needing to dilate beforehand. But having sex regularly really did get easier and I would gradually get ready faster and need to dilate for less long until I really started to enjoy it and look forward to it, and eventually I needed to dilate less and less and then eventually not at all.

Treating vaginismus is a long road and it’s very normal after having to do so much work just to get to the point of having intercourse that you would want to skip ahead to finally feeling normal. You will get to a better place by taking one step at a time as you have so far – and then you will look back and be stunned at how far you’ve walked. Keep at it and just be present in the moment and your successes as much as possible – you’ll be having more pain-free, spontaneous intercourse before too long if you keep at it!