Under-dilating or Over-dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Under-dilating or Over-dilating

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I sometimes compare dilating to starting an exercise program. How does under-exercising affect the body? How does over-exercising affect the body? The same questions can be asked about dilating. How has under-dilating affected you? How about over-dilating?

mmbayles91
    Participant

I can only say that Over-dilating makes me more sore, whereas when I finally told myself to take a break without sleeping with the dilator in, I found out it was far easier to insert the dilators than when I was constantly dilating.

Allie
    Participant

I find myself more at ease when I am dilating, like I’m scared that I will regress. My husband is good at making sure I take breaks. I can definitely tell when I’m over dilating because I too get sore.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Allie. I felt so much like this in the very beginning and it’s very common. For me personally, this got a tremendous amount better with time. For example, in the first month post-procedure, I would constantly want to be dilating and having intercourse with the hubby b/c I was still fearful that for some reason it wouldn’t go back in or it wouldn’t continue to work. However, each time that it did, I would gain a little more confidence and the knowledge and belief that it would always work. Hope this helps!

Heather34
    Participant

I always found that I was very, very sore after dilating for too long periods. When I resumed dilating for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at night, I was so much less sore. For those beginning the dilating process, how long do you dilate? What has helped you that someone else reading this might benefit from hearing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.