Thrusting??!!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

Ok thanks! We are using a water based lube now, but it’s getting better. 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Allie. I previously wrote this to Palmtree about the topic of male thrusting and hope this may help you as well:

“Hi Palmtree. I think this is a very good topic of ways to become more comfortable with male thrusting. I think it is excellent that you have been using the dilators to imitate the thrusting motion and practicing this way. Another thing that really helped us was to use a vibrator in advance of intercourse and imitate the thrusting movement with this as well. For me, the vibrator felt very different than the dilators. Some of the different types of vibrators include Candy Stick and Lelo Liv. This seriously worked wonders for relaxation in addition to adequately stretching prior to intercourse. Also, by allowing my hubby to be involved with this, it helped me to build trust and allowed me to not feel like I needed to be in as much control.”

Another thread that may be helpful discusses Positions of Comfort Post-Vaginismus:
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=217

Allie
    Participant

Thank you Heather!

arose
    Participant

We had a similar issue with thrusting, but we’ve just changed from an oil based lube to a water based one (for different reasons), but have found that this has really helped me tolerating movement as it is so much more slippery… perhaps therefore consider if changing lube would help? xx

Allie
    Participant

Ok thanks! We are using a water based lube now, but it’s getting better. 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

In communicating with a former patient today, she asked me to re-visit the topic of thrusting and ask you ladies how do you become more comfortable with thrusting? Any specific tips?

Allie
    Participant

What helped me was after I have dilated for about 20 mins I would move my dilator in the thrusting movement. I just needed to get used to the feeling. This is what helped me!:)

Heather34
    Participant

In a recent post, Mandykins wrote:

“I would recommend making yourself as comfortable as possible … trying not to pull out too much during and do deeper thrusts instead…”

This is excellent advice for those newly transitioning to intercourse as well as thrusting. Ladies, what other thoughts do you have here. What specifically helped you while transitioning?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I recently wrote concerning thoughts on transitioning and wanted to follow up concerning thrusting. One thing that has and continues to help if I ever feel soreness with thrusting is to use Hydrocortisone cream in addition to a lubricant. Dr. P has written about the benefits of using this here. He writes:

“It is common for women to have some skin irritation as a result of post procedure dilation….1% hydrocortisone is an over the counter topical that is anti-inflammatory and can be purchased either as a cream (faster acting) or as an ointment (longer lasting). It is generally used as a pea sized amount rubbed into the irritated area twice a day and can be used for 1-2 weeks.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.