The delicate fine line between the mind and body

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories The delicate fine line between the mind and body

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PomPom
    Participant

THE THINGS A FATHER WILL DO FOR THEIR CHILDREN

My dear daughter had a problem , but it was a secret for years, she complained that she couldn’t use a Tampon, and everyone else could. What
    was wrong with me??? We took her to a world renowned Gyn, who performed a Hymenectomy and told her she was fine. She was told ” go get some help, see a Psychiatrist”!! We did and no results! She found a Psychologist who helped her somewhat , but not enough! My daughter decided to research her issues and found Vaginismus. She found her problem and opened up to me wife and I.

We found Dr Peter Pacik and after multiple conversations and consults with my wife and I , and then with my daughter separately, off we were.

I am in medicine as well, and in 30 years I have never met a man with the qualities Dr Pacik exhibited. He spoke to my daughter privately and in our presence , and I was asked to be present in the OR for support and to become educated on her problem. During the procedure , he explained every step to my daughter and educated me on what a burden she carried. Step by step my daughter was reassured “SHE WAS NORMAL”, normal anatomy, normal feelings and a very spastic vaginal muscle. He informed me of each injection of long acting lidocaine, the amount and location of Botox ( Dr. Pacik is the only physician with FDA approval for the use of Botox in treatment of Vaginismus). A dialator was placed from smallest to largest based on resistance!
    PROCEDURE COMPLETE!
    My daughter was taken to recovery where her care was just as exceptional. Upon awakening, her education and treatment continued. The counselor (Dr Pacik), began working with his patient, reassuring her of how well she did and how well she would continue to do. The discussions were intense and extremely detailed. THE THINGS A FATHER WILL DO FOR HIS DAUGHTER!

Once we got beyond the snickers and jokes (mostly mine), I realized my daughter had a glow and or sparkle in her eye, I had not seen in a long time!
    I could see it was her self esteem and her self worth . After multiple self treatments with different dialators, my daughter knew she was like everyone else, she just needed that little extra intervention.
    I am a very sensitive man, sensitive to all people and their plights, however, my sensitivity reached new levels seeing my daughter’s eyes, her smile and her
    ability to open up to me , her father!

My baby has a boyfriend who I give an abundance of credit to! Most boys would run, run to the next one, he understands and continues to show his support. I cant wait to meet him!!

I have never seen a physician exhibit so much passion, warmth, understanding for his patients. His need to succeed , not for himself but for the young woman he sees is evident in the amount of time he spends, failure is not an option.

Vaginismus, a term I have never heard, Ob/Gyn physicians so aware most are not, most do not know who treats Vaginismus.

Vaginismus, as big as Erectile Dysfunction, and no one knows… WE MUST GET THE WORD OUT, ITS NOT JUST A DAUGHTER BUT SOMEONE’S MOTHER, OR GRANDMOTHER! THESE WOMEN DESERVE A CHANCE AS WELL

Thank you Dr Pacik, and your amazing staff!!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks for your touching and very meaningful post. It is so empowering to have parents involved. This is such a touchy subject that most of my patients never share this with their parents (or anyone else for that matter). Yet, for those that do, the rewards of support are great and the joys of being out of the closet are profound. Thanks so much to you and your wife for being there for her.

Heather34
    Participant

You wrote:

“[I] realized my daughter had a glow and or sparkle in her eye, I had not seen in a long time! I could see it was her self esteem and her self worth . After multiple self treatments with different dialators, my daughter knew she was like everyone else, she just needed that little extra intervention. I am a very sensitive man, sensitive to all people and their plights, however, my sensitivity reached new levels seeing my daughter’s eyes, her smile and her ability to open up to me , her father!”

I absolutely LOVE this post and it shows the true support of a family in helping your daughter to overcome vaginismus! So, so wonderful and huge CONGRATS!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.