Success Stories (3)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

There were so many wonderful success stories told so far in this category that we have added a third thread for treated patients to continue to share your success stories. So often, women with vaginismus have suffered for many years in silence, telling no one at all about their condition. It is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world to finally be able to talk openly about this and share stories with other women who understand and have had similar experiences. Please share your stories and I look very forward to reading all of them.

Heather34
    Participant

On May 17, 2015, Flufy2015, wrote:

“Hi everyone,
    I dreamed about writting in this category (Sucess Stories) and I would like to share what just happened.
    I am married for 6 years, Lamont level 5 vaginismus, I already cried so much and felt shame and guilty for a long time. I almost give up to find a cure, but fortunately I started doing my own research again few months ago. After knowing dr Pacik I decided schedule the treatment and I made a choice: I chose to never fear again, I chose that I need to win! So I had my procedure 10 days ago (May 6th) and this night something really beautiful and unexpected happened: my husband and I had intercourse (tip only) and I am feeling so much happy!!!!!!! I know that I still have a long journey until full intercourse but this event gave me so much hope and joy that I can’t describe! I am here to say to everyone do not give up! I had bad time dilating (pink #5) just few days ago and I didn’t plan to try intercourse today, but it happened… well, it really happened 🙂 I had some tears (of happiness) and that is the reason to be here writting this short story of success. I hope that soon I will be back with my full success’s story 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Don’t give up! Just live each day and soon everything is gonna be ok :)”

I absolutely LOVED reading your story and am so, so, so, so happy for you!!!!! Sending you huge hugs and huge CONGRATS!!!!

I was just perusing the forum, and realized I had not yet read any of the success stories! These are all so inspiring! As a counselor at MAZE I get to see and hear about progress all the time, but it is also great to see so many forum members sharing their stories on-line. Please keep sharing, as there are so many women suffering in silence and these stories encourage others to get the help they need! Thanks for sharing!

Heather34
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more Nicole! Following vaginismus, my hubby and I began trying to conceive as we both very much wanted to start a family. During this time, if I ever felt discouraged that it wasn’t happening fast enough or about the whole process, I would constantly read and re-read the success stories of those who had conceived using the method we started trying. In it, they also cover what method did you use to track ovulation; what method of insemination did you use; how many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation; did it work and how many cycles did it take; and anything else people should know) http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/458990-home-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html
    By reading this, I felt not only encouraged but I also had so much information and knowledge that I found very helpful. Similarly, while going through vaginismus, by reading the success stories here as well as so much educational information in the other Forum categories, I think it is extremely helpful and empowering. As Nicole said, please keep sharing and please, please know that we are all here to support you 100%!!!!!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi everyone–I wanted to pop in as one of the botox procedure’s most recent success stories. I’ve had vaginismus (though not known what it was) since I became sexually active at 15 and I’m now 25. Everyone here with vaginismus has lived the pain, so I don’t need to elaborate on how much it sucked going through my teenage, college, and young adult years not being able to have sex and feeling insecure, guilty, and worthless. But a few months ago I was finally goaded by my current boyfriend to take action. I went to the Maze Clinic, determined that I needed more help that even regular dilation could provide, and received the botox treatment in September of 2016. 20 days later, my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. It was an inexpressible feeling of triumph to have done something I spent most of my young life believing was impossible. I am still learning new things about my body and exploring the role I want sex to play in my life, but I’m inexpressibly grateful that I got treatment and gave myself the options I now have. I encourage everyone who has felt like vaginismus rules them and their relationships to seek out answers so you can best decide what you really want for yourself.

If anyone is considering contacting the Maze Clinic or getting the Botox procedure and wants to talk to someone who has been through it themselves, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you want to have a conversation. I would be happy to help the way so many people along the way helped me.

mazemelissa

Thank you so much for sharing your success story here on our forum. You are an inspiration for other women out there suffering with vaginismus. Help is out there, treatment is available, and a cure is possible!

Heather34
    Participant

I absolutely love your post and am so, so, so happy for you!!! Huge CONGRATS in every way! Like Melissa posted, it is so inspiring and encourages others that may also be thinking about getting treatment. Sending big hugs and CONGRATS again to you!!!

mazemelissa

I just received this email from a patient who had her procedure in August. I wanted to share her story, because she is someone who had to work a little harder at dilation than some patients. It can be hard for patients when they don’t find dilation “easy” right after they have the procedure. Everyone’s post op recovery is different, and some patients, the dilation can be more challenging than others. I continued to be in contact with this patient, and she worked on a consistent home dilation program as well and getting set up with a physiotherapist to help her. Here is her update four months after the procedure:

Hi Melissa,

I wanted to provide you (and MAZE) with a quick update. I can’t seem to access the portal, so I thought I would email.

I’m still dilating and going to a pelvic floor physiotherapist every other week which has greatly helped my progress. I’m able to wear tampons if I want to during my period which wasn’t possible before. On New Years Eve, my boyfriend and I were able to have full intercourse for the first time. Since then, we’ve been practicing and experimenting with positions and thrusting more and more. Each time, it is less painful and last night it was pleasurable for me.

Part of me still can’t believe how far I’ve come since I came to MAZE in August, especially since vaginismus has affected me for so many years. I finally feel more normal and can’t begin to thank you and the rest of the team at MAZE.

I love sharing this post, because it shows that if you stick to the program it will work!

Every patient is different, but I believe that every patient can be successful.

Heather34
    Participant

This is such an awesome story Melissa. Huge, huge CONGRATS to this patient for taking the steps to overcome!!! :):):)

mazemelissa

Here is another email from a patient who just had her procedure on Monday:

Hi Melissa,
    I just wanted to say thank you again for everything you did yesterday and today. I couldn’t have done my dilation without your support and encouragement. I felt extremely comfortable with you and the whole staff at Maze. It was the best medical visit/experience I have ever had.
    I am also really happy that I will get to stay in contact with you weekly, I think it will help me feel even more confident with my dilations knowing that you will be checking up on me.

At Maze we understand vaginismus, and everything that goes along with that diagnosis. We are here for our patients to get them through it, encourage them, and make their treatment a success.

I love reading all the success stories following botox and dilation. Thank you Melissa for sharing. If you are suffering from vaginismus I hope these stories are your inspiration that you too can overcome vaginismus. As a member of the Maze team I can assure you that you are not alone and we are here to help you through this journey.

Helen Leff, LCSW

I have to chime in on this one too! What stands out to me about this post is that our patient already feels a measure of success by having had the procedure, her post procedure follow up and looks forward to continued support and encouragement. Yes, there is work ahead but also great reward.Thank you for sharing!

I love reading these stories!

Heather34
    Participant

This is such an awesome post Melissa and huge, huge Congrats to your patient on her recent procedure. I loved everything that she said. She wrote: “I felt extremely comfortable with you and the whole staff at Maze. It was the best medical visit/experience I have ever had.” This is absolutely awesome. So many of us, I included, have had horrible experience with doctors and providers that have said to “just relax”, “have a drink”, “its all in your head” and so much more. It’s so wonderful to find a group who actually understands the condition of vaginismus and what each of us goes through while having it. She also wrote: “I am also really happy that I will get to stay in contact with you weekly, I think it will help me feel even more confident with my dilations knowing that you will be checking up on me.” This, again, is absolutely awesome. To me personally, the follow-up that I received following my Botox procedure was crucial and one of the key elements that made it work. By knowing that I was not on my own dilating and I had this support and could get help with questions helped me so, so, so incredibly much. Excellent story and I am smiling so, so much reading this right now. If you are thinking of getting treatment, please read and re-read stories like this and know that you are in amazing care with the Maze team and, so importantly, they GET IT and understand vaginismus when so many others haven’t and still don’t.

mazemelissa

Here is another Maze success story. This patient worked really hard and took her almost four months to have intercourse, but she never gave up, and we are so proud of her! She sent me this email recently and said I could share it.

Hello Melissa,

I realized today it was exactly one year ago I had my Botox done. I am still amazed at the progress I have made and how impossible has become possible.

I am now having pain free, pleasurable intercourse! I also recently had a successful Pap smear and am able to wear tampons if I wish (not sure if you remember, wanting to wear tampons was one of my goals).

I also wanted to share some other exciting and happy news. Matthew and I recently got engaged and plan to marry next summer. It was important to both of us to seek treatment and be able to have intercourse before we planed to get married.

Thank you for everything you and MAZE did for me. I am glad for it on a daily basis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.