Sharing Dr. Pacik’s Book with your Boyfriend or Husband

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Sharing Dr. Pacik’s Book with your Boyfriend or Husband

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. One thing that I did prior to getting the Botox treatment program was read through Dr. Pacik’s book, “When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy” from cover to cover with my husband. This was eye opening for us both.

In a prior post, another forum member also wrote:
    “The book was amazing. I loved that there were patient testimonies and success stories. I love that Dr. Pacik backed up all of his information and let you see it from every angle. I love that I didn’t feel so isolated anymore. But most of all, I love that it 100% convinced my boyfriend that this treatment was exactly what we needed. He was open to learning about it, but unsure of the whole “Botox thing”. By the time he finished the book, he was on board and ready to go and he said he learned a lot about what I have been going through.”

It is amazing that Maze is continuing to offer the Botox treatment program and was trained by Dr. P. If you want to understand more about vaginismus and Botox as well as your boyfriend or husband, I would definitely suggest reading this book.

The book is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/When-Sex-Seems-Impossible-Vaginismus/dp/0983013403/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302382175&sr=8-1

Dr, Pacik’s book is amazing, and it is so helpful for your partner to be able to read and understand what is going on. It is a great resource!

Helen Leff, LCSW

Being able to share Dr Pacik’s book When Sex Seems Impossible with one’s partner sounds like a great way to start a conversation that is both difficult and scarey to have. It is a great resourse!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I think sharing the book is a great way to frame conversations about vaginismus with a partner! It can help partners to understand how vaginismus manifests for other women and the specifics of what they need to be supported through to be treated for it. Dr. Pacik’s book remains an enduringly useful tool to this day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.